Meet our LP!
Every year in JCI Copenhagen International we have a new local president, this year we have the amazing Dhushyanthini Gunaratnam, we all know that she will turn ‘….’ On September 1st (we don’t talk about age in our chapter so we will always skip that part).
But do we really know our local president this year? We already now she has the perfect smile, she is originally from Sri Lanka and that she working with consulting for LU consulting. We have decided to dig in our LP’s life and learn more about her!
What is your nickname?
– Dee, Dee-yonce, Beyonce (it’s true, but that’s mainly because I taught my younger cousins that since they were very small hehe, being the oldest of your cousins has its advantages ) Dee-licious og Dhushy
What is your favorite drink?
– Definitely a milkshake or a mango lassi (a popular, traditional, yogurt-based drink from south Asia 🙂
What is your favorite food?
– Hmm, I love my mom’s food, because she makes it with love 🙂 She makes the best Tamil food, which is similar to Indian food.
What is your favorite TV show?
– I do have a couple of favorite TV-shows, such as Suits, Game of Thrones, Jane the Virgin and The Voice (The US Version).
Which one is your favorite boy band?
– Hmm boy band, well, it’s been a while since I have listened to boy bands, I do however like the Irish band The Script and Coldplay if that clarifies as boybands? However, growing up, I listened to a lot of classic boy bands, such as N*Sync, Take That and of course Backstreet Boys.
If you were an animal which one would you be?
– That’s a great question. I guess I would like to be an animal that are capable of showing sympathy and compassions, like chimpanzees or elephants. Elephants are good at collaborating with others, and chimpanzees they are known for taking care of their elderly, I admire that.
Name 3. thing you would bring to a desert island?
– Wow, that’s yet another great question. If it is a sandy beach with swaying palm trees I would bring great company (my family and best friends), my diary and sunscreen 🙂 .
What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done?
– My friends probably have a list of cringe worthy stories, so you have to ask them 😉 – Because, I’m not good at sharing my embarrassing moments 😉
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
– I want to see myself as a responsible person of an organization where I work and here I would be a role model to my juniors by setting an incomparable working style. That would probably be either in the U.S or here in Denmark. And I would be happily married with 2-3 happy kids, and spending as much time as I can with my family around the world during the holidays.
What is your favorite expression?
– I have two great examples: “Where ever you go, go with all your heart” and the other one is something my dad always told me, when I was younger “practice makes a man perfect”.
What is your favorite quote?
– I have numerous of favorite quotes, so it depends on which stage I am in life. At the moment, I favor this one “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right. –Henry Ford”.
I hope you all enjoyed our small interview with our local president and please stay tuned for meeting our members from JCI Copenhagen International.